Did you know that sensitive skin can be prone to redness and itching as well as blushing? Many people with sensitive skin find themselves feeling frustrated when it comes to finding skincare products that don’t trigger their reaction. Fortunately, there are many natural substances that can help ease the symptoms of sensitive skin. One such ingredient is polyglutamic acid, a chemical substance which has been used in Japan for centuries as a beauty treatment. Furthermore, recent studies have found that polyglutamic acid benefits not just the appearance of the skin, but also its sensitivity and overall health. Keep reading to learn more about this beneficial substance and how it can help you if you have sensitive skin.
What is Polyglutamic Acid?
Polyglutamic acid is made of strands of the amino acid glutamic acid and is not produced by the body but by a number of species of Bacillus. Polyglutamic acid benefits all kinds of skin, including sensitive skin. It is a powerful moisturizer that can help to hydrate the skin and make it look and feel healthier and more supple. It can also help to boost the skin’s natural elasticity and prevent it from becoming dry and flaky. Polyglutamic acid is also known for its ability to combat redness and inflammation. This makes it a useful skincare ingredient for individuals with sensitive skin.
How does Polyglutamic Acid benefit sensitive skin?
- Prevents wrinkles and premature aging: Polyglutamic acid provides the skin with long-lasting hydration, which can help to prevent wrinkles and other signs of premature aging. It is believed that this substance can also stimulate collagen production and help to improve skin elasticity.
- Reduces redness and inflammation: Research has shown that a daily application of polyglutamic acid can reduce the redness caused by sensitive skin and inflammatory reactions, such as itching and burning sensations.
- Conditions skin to prevent future breakouts: Studies have also shown that individuals who use polyglutamic acid regularly experience fewer skin breakouts and less frequent outbreaks of acne. This suggests that it may be helpful for individuals who struggle with frequent breakouts due to sensitive skin.
- Helps to calm and moisturize irritated skin: Sensitive skin is often extra dry, which can lead to itchiness and redness. Polyglutamic acid is a powerful moisturizer that can help to condition and soothe irritated, dry skin.
How to use Polyglutamic Acid for sensitive skin care?
There are many ways to incorporate polyglutamic acid into your daily skincare routine. You can find this ingredient in serums, creams, gels, and masks.
- Serums: You can apply a serum before your daily moisturizer as an extra boost of hydration. Serums are lightweight, so they are ideal for people with sensitive skin who are worried about clogged pores.
-Moisturizer: You can apply moisturizer to hydrate and plump your skin.
- Face creams and lotions: You can apply a face cream or lotion directly to your face to lock in moisture and provide your skin with nutrients. Avoid using a heavy cream if you have sensitive skin, as these may clog your pores. Creams and lotions are lighter and gentler.
- Masks: If you struggle with redness and irritation, consider using a soothing mask once a week to help soothe and calm your sensitive skin.
Limitations of Using Polyglunatmic Acid for Sensitive Skin
- Not suitable for sensitive eyes: Although polyglutamic acid is safe to use on sensitive skin, it is not suitable for use around the eyes. It can cause irritation in this area, which can lead to redness and stinging.
- May cause allergic reactions: Like many other skincare ingredients, polyglutamic acid may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. If you have sensitive skin, it is always a good idea to do a patch test before using any new skincare products.
Sensitive skin is a common problem that can make it difficult to find the right skincare products. Fortunately, there are many substances that can help sensitive skin, including polyglutamic acid. This amino acid can help to reduce the redness and inflammation associated with sensitive skin, as well as make your complexion look and feel healthier. This substance is suitable for all skin types, so even individuals with the driest, most sensitive skin can benefit from using it.