How would you react if someone told you that you can get a brighter and plumper skin just by using a simple ingredient like polyglutamic acid? Perhaps you’d be tempted to give it a try. But then again, what is this weird sounding polyglutamic acid and how can it possibly help your skin? But before we delve into the details of this magical potion, let’s first understand why our skin loses its youthful glow as we get older. As we grow older, the natural production of collagen in our skin reduces and so does the volume of hyaluronic acid (HA). These two are the main reasons for the sagging, dull and dry skin many people struggle with as they age. Whether you are struggling with these woes or just want to stay ahead of time, keep reading to find out everything about polyglutamic acid and how you can use it to improve your skin.
What is Polyglutamic Acid?
Polyglutamic acid (also known as PGA) is a naturally occurring amino acid that is usually derived from fermented grains or certain types of bacteria. It is an ingredient that has been receiving a lot of attention as a potential skin brightener and hydrator. Collagen is a protein that is abundant in the skin, it is naturally present in our skin but gets depleted as we age. This loss of collagen leads to dull, saggy, and dehydrated skin. Using an effective skin brightening and hydrating formula that contains PGA can help restore the collagen levels in skin and give it a more youthful appearance. Apart from plumping up skin, PGA also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, and eczema. Plus, it also has anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties that can help protect your skin from damage.
Why Is Polyglutamic Acid So Important for Skin?
As discussed above, PGA is a naturally occurring amino acid that can stimulates collagen. While collagen maintains the structure of the skin, hyaluronic acid works as a skin moisturizer and maintains its hydration levels. As we age, the natural production of both collagen and hyaluronic acid reduces, which leads to dull, dehydrated, and saggy skin. Using an effective skin brightening and hydrating formula that contains PGA can help restore the collagen levels in skin and give it a more youthful appearance. Along with this, it can also improve the skin’s texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and make skin plump, healthy, and radiant.
How Does Polyglutamic Acid Help Plump Up Skin?
When it comes to plumping up skin, PGA works in two ways. Firstly, it helps increase the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid to make skin look plump and hydrated. And secondly, it helps repair the skin and fill in fine lines and wrinkles to make it look younger, healthier, and radiant. It also helps make skin look plumper by reducing the appearance of pores and fine lines. PGA is a potent antioxidant and has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent premature aging and treat various skin conditions. It also helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots and protect the skin from damage. Plus, it can also act as a skin brightener and help reduce the appearance of dark spots and sun damage.
8 Easy Steps to Brighten and Plump Up Skin with Polyglutamic Acid
Now that you know all about the benefits of using a skin cream with PGA, here’s a simple guide to follow to get glowing and plump skin.
- Cleanse your skin - This is the first step towards glowing skin. Cleansing the skin helps remove all traces of dirt, oil, and makeup that can clog the pores and prevent the product from penetrating into the skin.
- Exfoliate - You should exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and reveal a brighter and smoother complexion. You can use a gentle scrub or a chemical peel that contains PGA.
- Hydrate - You should use a moisturizer that is rich in antioxidants and can help boost your skin’s brightness. You can also use a Vitamin C enriched moisturizer as it is one of the best brightening agents.
- Tone - Make sure you use a toner after cleansing your face to remove traces of dirt, oil, and makeup and make your skin look brighter.
- Apply a Serum - Vitamin C serums are one of the best skincare products that can help boost collagen levels and make your skin look plump and radiant. Apart from vitamin C, serums with PGA and hyaluronic acid are also great for brightening and hydration.
- Use an Anti-aging cream - The best time to start using anti-aging products is when you are in your 20s. Using an anti-aging cream with PGA will help make your skin look younger and more radiant.
- Stay out of the Sun - The best way to protect your skin from premature aging and sun damage is to stay out of the sun. Wear a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and a hat when you are outdoors.
As we grow older, our skin loses its radiance and starts to look dull and dry. Using a skincare formula that contains polyglutamic acid can help restore the collagen levels and make your skin look plump, smooth, and radiant. Along with this, it can also help reduce wrinkles, improve the skin’s texture, and make it look younger, healthier, and hydrated. Using a skin formula that contains polyglutamic acid can be a great way to keep your skin looking youthful.