In the search for a perfect skincare routine, the most challenging part is to find out which ingredients work well together and which of them don’t. Some combinations end up creating an adverse effect on our skin while others have a neutral impact. Depending on your personal preference, you can mix and match niacinamide with polyglutamic acid. Both of these ingredients are beneficial for the skin in their own ways. While niacinamide is great for fending off hyperpigmentation and reducing wrinkles, polyglutamic acid helps with cell renewal and lactic acid production in the epidermis. When combined together, these two skincare stars boost each other’s effectiveness manifold.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 which is an essential component of many metabolic reactions in the body. Vitamin B3 is also known as nicotinamide, and is found in many foods such as fish, meat, poultry, and dairy products. While it is well-known for its ability to fight vitamin deficiency, it can also reduce the signs of ageing. Niacinamide can be applied topically as a skincare agent to reduce hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage, ageing, and acne. It also helps to prevent and reduce the visible signs of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
What is Polyglutamic Acid?
Polyglutamic acid is a naturally occurring amino acid that can also be derived from fermented soybeans. It is also known as poly-gamma-glutamic acid, and is used in skincare as a potent anti-aging ingredient. It is often used in conjunction with niacinamide, which boosts its anti-aging properties. Studies shows that Polyglutamic acid issafe and effective chelating agent that can be used to bind and remove heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and cadmium, from water, soil, and also from the body. Polyglutamic acid is also a proven skin brightener and can be used to help treat hyperpigmentation.
Benefits of using Niacinamide and Polyglutamic Acid together
Niacinamide and polyglutamic acid can be used together to get the following benefits:
- Increased efficacy of anti-aging skincare products - Niacinamide, when used with polyglutamic acid, can boost the efficacy of skincare products used to treat anti-aging. It can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, and make your skin look younger and more radiant.
- Reduced appearance of acne scars - Niacinamide and polyglutamic acid can be used together to reduce the appearance of acne scars as well. The two ingredients have been shown to be effective in treating hyperpigmentation, especially in people with darker skin tones.
- Clearer skin - Niacinamide can reduce acne and oily skin, while polyglutamic acid can help fight against signs of aging and promote cell turnover in the skin. When used together, these two ingredients can give you a clearer and more even-looking skin.
How to use Niacinamide and Polyglutamic Acid together?
When used together, niacinamide and polyglutamic acid can be applied in two different ways. You can choose to use them both as a part of your skincare regimen, or you can use one as a part of your skincare regimen while the other is used as a cleanser. Below are a few ways in which you can use niacinamide and polyglutamic acid together:
- Use niacinamide as a serum and polyglutamic acid as a cleanser
- You can use niacinamide as a serum and polyglutamic acid as a cleanser, and then follow up with niacinamide again as a serum. This way, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of both ingredients in a single skincare regimen.
- Use polyglutamic acid as a serum and niacinamide as a cleanser
- You can also use polyglutamic acid as a serum, and wash your face with niacinamide. Then, you can follow up with polyglutamic acid as a serum again.
Side effects of using Niacinamide and Polyglutamic Acid together
Niacinamide and polyglutamic acid are generally considered safe to use, but they may cause some side effects in a few people. If you experience rash, stinging sensation or itching you should reduce the amount of these two ingredients in your skincare regimen or discontinue their use altogether.
Niacinamide and polyglutamic acid are two ingredients that can be used together to get a younger-looking and acne-free skin. Both are very effective when used together and can be used in two different ways. Niacinamide is a skincare ingredient that can be used to treat hyperpigmentation and reduce the signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines while Polyglutamic acid is a skin brightener. Both of these ingredients can be used together to get a glowing skin.